Lubricate sliding things like drawers and table extensions
A very good lubricant to make a sticking drawer slide smoothly or a troublesome extension table slide open with ease is paraffin, the same stuff you buy at the supermarket to melt over the top of jams and jellies to seal them.
On the other side of the great waters in jolly olde England readers may think bleck! we don't put that on our jams and jellies, because paraffin or paraffin oil to the English is the same as we call kerosene in the Colonies.
Rub paraffin on both surfaces every few months to keep things sliding properly. If you can't find paraffin, try some bar soap or paste wax. If you use paste wax, the item may stick for the first time when the wax hardens, so it may take a little extra effort getting the first movement.
Slip-It sliding compound
|Slip-It Sliding Compound |
Slip-It reduces friction on moving wood parts. Reduces friction on moving wood parts of any sort. Use this specially formulated,
silicone-free lubricant for wooden windows, doors, drawers and any o..
Slip-It Sliding Compound
Smooth sliding action! Guaranteed friction-free movement with this self-adhesive and self-lubricating nylon tape.
1/2" and 3/4" wide tapes are ideal for drawers.
3" wide tape works ..
Drawers and table extensions don't have to stick
Whether you use something you have around the house or use a commercial product you don't need to put up with the frustration a drawer sticking or having a tug of war each time you want to open the extension table to put a leaf in when you have company. Those items were designed to work smoothly and just a few minutes of your time will get them working properly again. It might be a good idea to lubricate before things start sticking too.
We're proud to be an affiliate of
Blick Art Materials
Answers to Email | On-Line Catalog | Fountain Restoration.
Outdoor Furniture History, Care and more.
© 1998 - 2012 RefinishFurniture.com - - - Today's date -
Stain - Finish
Kitchen - Tools
Explore our site
- Site map
Tips and tricks of all descriptions
Antique Chair Evaluation
More of our site
- On-Line Catalog Refinishing, restoring, refacing, care products and lots more
- Free woodworkers catalogs Print catalogs from Rockler and Woodcraft with hundreds of pages of good stuff
- Furniture restore,refinish,clean and more
- Kitchen cabinet refacing, refinishing, repainting
- Links - Resources Visit other web sites similar to ours.
- Outdoor and patio furniture Refinish, clean, care, purchase
- Picture framing frames, mats, do it yourself how-to information
- Questions answered with help for different problems
- Teak furniture indoor and outdoor care, refinishing and more
- Tips and Tricks tips and tricks of all descriptions
- Wicker and caning products and how-to information